THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 12 December 2011

26

Today is my 26th Birthday. I love birthday's, I am sure when I get a little older I will dread the coming years but for now I am lovin my twenties. In all reality I should be turning 35, with three kids and a whole bunch of grown up life experience crammed into 6 yrs. What have I learned in these last 6 years of adult-hood you may ask? Let me make you a list:


Nothing is ever, ever for certain
Life is way too short to sweat the lame stuff
Time goes very slow and super fast all at once
Listen to your own Mother/Woman intuition
Give people the benefit of the doubt they may surprise you
Watchimg my wording around me kids for example "what the "H"" instead of "What the hell" it has the same feel coming out of their mouths as the original.
Don't avoid germs they are immune builders
Don't argue about dumb things like "which way the Toilet paper goes"
Don't buy clothes in hopes to fit into them, dress for your figure now.
Positive reinforcement is incredibly hard to do but so worth the outcome
The only motivator is me
Scrambled eggs are perfectly acceptable for dinner
I determine my fate and who I want to be
Only paint your nails late at night when the kids are asleep
Don't be too paranoid you will raise paranoid children (germs...a healthy balance)
I have control over my bodies health and my children, it's my responsibilty
Generic brands are usually as good as the expensive brands sometimes even better
Stop critizing myself it will only damage me not build me up
PROBIOTICS
Little things matter like "offering a drink" to you spouse or "leaving a little note"
Boys have smelly feet (harry)
Boys love Potty talk (both boys)
I am not super-woman. I am Super-Mom


That doesn't even scratch the surface of what I have learned and a month ago I had a few really good things to put on the list and of course I forgot them :). But, I love the journey I have been on, it's been crazy hard, but fun. I am constantly looking at others and loving the example they set for me.I love Jack so much, he is the biggest GOON, and I am right there with him. My kids rock my socks off, I love how crazy they make me and in a split second I can melt. 26. geez. Here's looking at the next year, Cheers.

In honor of Jane who doesn't pick her nose just likes her finger up it.

4 comments:

SKIPR said...

:)
Happy Birthday!

Errin said...

SO cute Sarah! I love all your words and what you have learned! Love them! They help me :) I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! You are amazing.

The Huffs said...

Happy Birthday... you know a lot more than me and I am three years older!