THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 15 December 2011

A crazy day...

A non-stop day happens all the time in this house (duh three kids remember?) but no day has been crazier than today (well Thursday took me this long to post it).


My day began with me waking up at 8:00 am by Harry who every morning instead of heading downstairs with Everett to watch Mickey Mouse he climbs up in bed with me and snuggles until I get up. I love his cold little feet snuggling their way under my warm body, a total trait he got from me, sorry getting side tracked. Continuing on. Harry + morning snuggle = perfect way to start your day. Today I had a lot to do, but considering it is the season of joy I was excited to embark on my day (if only I knew what kind of day it would have been).

I started off heading to the DI, I know you all are probably way to good for that lovely joint, but for me I always go and look around to see if I can nab a treasure. Today, no treasure. Oh, did I mention I had all three bundles of joy with me? I love these little kiddo's but timing is everything, naps, snacks, moods. Luckily Everett was in a stunning mood, grinning, always taking Harry's hand being you know, big brother, I was so proud. DI stats: $1 dollar round frame that will be a future project = semi-success. Hand sanitizer, and we were off to the next store.

Kid to Kid. Harry fighting with me in the car for me to let him take his treasured "Kitten Soft Paws" toy. This is is second one, he lost his first one a few weeks ago and has been asking for it ever since. Miraculously at the Gym daycare he found one and they let him have it (so nice). But, considering he has been whining about it for three weeks I did not want this one lost. Rule: leave all toys in the car. Remember when I was talking about timing? Well moods were shifting so I let him take the toy in. Kid to Kid stats: 3 amazing flannel shirts for Harry $11 total + Harry losing "kitten Soft Paws" = extreme anger from me. grr.

Hobby Lobby, luckily all of these places are 30 seconds from each other. Hobby Lobby did not dissapoint, 50% of wrapping paper, a super cheap Craft for a new wall hanging, and bonus Crafts for the kids. Love it. Stats on kids behaviour: kids wearing out, Jane melting down, Harry slowest walker in the world, Everett very obedient, but acting a little too annoyed at Harry's slowness, "deep breaths Everett", "Deep breaths me".

Next stop Dollar Store! Okay I might seem super cheep to a lot of you. Here's the thing, I love the finer things in life, but I also love a bargain, the end. I wanted to find something to put my nieghborhood treats in. I found them, Tins, Love the Tins. A little tissue paper some home baked goodies. Delish. The rest of our Dollar Store trip went like this: Harry blowing on a toy Saxaphone, crap. gotta buy, good thing only a dollar. Send Everett to go and get a toy (gotta be fair), he chooses a Monster Truck and then Harry wants one but he already has a the Saxaphone. Mean mom? Maybe, Dollar Store Stats: 10 tins, 2 sets of Christmas labels, One unwanted Saxaphone, a monster truck, and a Santa Maze toy Jane wouldn't let go of = Harry crying because he wants a monster truck. awesome.

Final stop: Grocery Store. Eh. In out, $40 dollars worth of chocolate and pretzels. Kid Stats= Hungry, tired, no bueno.

Home: feed, unload. Start cooking the goodies for the nieghborhood, babysit a neighbor.

Feed family dinner. Try and clean up sticky chocolate spots all over the kitchen. I then head off to the doctor to have Jane's ear checked. Okay, I don't go to the doctor very often, I don't feel the need they need to go every time they have sniffle. But due to an enormous amount of wax build up in Jane's ear that was very dark in color, I made the call. All I got was she doesn't have an "Inner ear infection, it's more like an "outer ear infection". okay. The doctor wrote me a prescription for some ear drops. I dash out of there with my adorable little Jane who I want to hug and cuddle all the time, sorry side tracked, but Jane wasn't at all acting fussy which is why the doctor diagnosed the "Outer ear infection". Before I picked up her drops I needed to take a quick detour to pick up a mattress for some friends staying at our house that night, and then home to teach my two (and only) voice students who I adore. As I run to the store Jack calls and says my student is there I had just enough time to drop off her prescription and get home. Stats so far: Dr. office + mattress pick up + Grocery store = no prescription, one mattress, and a grinning Jane, did mention how adorable she is?

I arrive home teach my two awesome students and then take my students to a nieghbors house to practice a song for sunday's primary Christmas program (I am primary Chorister) after that is finished, I call Jack who has been juggling the kids for the past 5 hours and getting them to bed (he's awesome). I told him would pick up Jane's prescription. Oh, text message from my friend "will not be staying the night at our house". Bummer.

As I get Jane's prescription the Pharmacists says that will be $30.00. uh. what!!? I frankly reply (I am more frank the older I get) "What is my insurance for?" He then says "Oh, well they covered the other $174.00". Holy smokes! What a joke! You mean I am putting $200.00 ear drops in Jane's ear for a possible "Outer ear infection?" yikes. no thanks. The pharmacist said if she didn't seem irritated than don't get them and if she does I can come back and get them. This is why I work so hard on keeping my children's bodies healthy, because when it comes down to it I am the primary care-giver. I think the health care system is so dishonest. Don't get me wrong obviously if my child needed special medical care I would give it to them. But, come on? There is a place for doctors, and I am grateful for that. But, I am the mother I have mother intuition, I am responsible for their health. Sorry, super side tracked. Grocery store round 2: no prescription + tired me = relieved the night is over, oh and an extra mattress.

I actually started writing this post a few days ago ( Thursday just for accuracy sake). I was exhausted to say the least. I ended the night eating carbs and laughing with Jack. I am grateful for my slower days in comparison to crazy. But, I learned a lot and am sure learning more and more each day. Life is all about taking your opportunities and making the most of them. For those of you who actually read all the way through this post, you might be my most loyal and weird friends yet. :) Happy Holidays.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey don't call me loyal and weird, I was laughing at how similar I think you adn I are. lol. Minus your good voice and being a super cute craft master. But cramming too much into one day and not taking my kids to the doctor unless they absolutely need to go. For that, you and I are 2 peas in a pod. :)

Anne Peay said...

this was great! the life of a busy mom...of 3....soooo can relate babe! and yes insurance and medicine sucks! my singular for asthma is 90$ with insurance, serioulsy? i have to take it or my asthma gets really bad. something i got after having babies. but, thankfully after awhile it fades away. i think hormones are to blame.

i shop at the dollar store all the time, and second-hand stores. i have yet to check out salvation army but i know you can find great stuff there. i love yard sales too. you gotta do what you gotta do.

love ya,
annie

OUR Coop said...

thanks for calling me weird! ;) I love your posts They are awesome! So good to see you for a sec at grandma's. YOur kids are to die for cute!!!

Sharli said...

I read it and I think you're amazing!! You truly are an inspiration to me and I love you to pieces! Thanks for the exhausting, but yet uplifting post. :)