THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 5 December 2011

FLORIDA

A few weeks ago I went with Jack on a business trip. 4 days + 3 night= Heaven. Jack is out of town more often than being in town. So, we thought we would finally (after a year of this new job) take advantage of a little vacay. My parents took our kids, which was perfect, didn't worry a bit the entire time. We flew out Monday, even the plane ride was nice, sitting next to jack with no distractions staring into oblivion out of my tiny window, so great. A huge bonus with flying with Jack and with Jack's job in general is all expenses are paid and Jack is a business class member. You wouldn't think this would be very important but it SO is, for example, we never had to stand in a line at the airport, Jack just flashed the secret sign and we were zipped through. love it.


We arrived in Florida about 1 am. We headed
over to the car rental and the only car they had available to take us to the hotel was a white Convertable. So, we cruised in style.
Notice my frizz ball hair. I could never live in Florida and that would be my #1 reason why
The next day when we promptly returned it for fear of getting any little nick on it. It was great while it lasted, we ended up with a Nissan Hybrid, a really cool car, not as glitzy as our "Corvey" but a lot more practical.






Did I mention this is officially the first time Jack and I have taken a Vacation together that's lasted longer than 24 hrs? This was I guess a "late Honeymoon" (6yrs. late). So basically I lounged around in the Hotel room, read a book, Worked out, did all of my Christmas Shopping at the amazing Mall that was three steps from my Hotel, and ate a lot of food. Poor Jack hardly left the Hotel room on Tuesday due to an enormous amount of work that needed to be done. Wednesday however we found our way to the beach. I know I am so lame but this is my first time ever on a Florida Beach and my second time ever on a beach. I am not a beach girl, notice my fair complexion and frizzy hair, I was so out of place :). The sand literally felt like Flour. It's amazing what people will wear on the beach and how tanned they feel the need to be. hilarious. I love people watching.


Sadly our trip ended. I could have stayed a couple more days at least. But, it just gives me something to look forward to. Thank You to Jack who was the best travel partner ever. I found myself staring at him with a goofy grin on my face, I hadn't felt so giddy since before I had kids! How sad is that? It was just us. It's amazing how you get caught up in the day to day busy life. For a few days I had no cares and it brought back the "young me", I am going to try and bring her back more often.

4 comments:

Jack Roberts said...

I know it looks like I am flexing. Ok, maybe I kinda was. But come on, I didn't want to look like a "girly man" at the beach! I had to represent it yo!

Errin said...

Sarah- how sweet! I am so glad you got a vacation and with your sweet husband. Sounds amazing! Are you still in Sandy? I totally know the feeling of being "young again" - every time it is just Bryan and I with no kiddos I feel like we can do anything. There are no limits! And that we look like a fun energetic couple because all the energy I exert taking care of kids is used with my spouse. So fun! I am so glad you got to go! You need to go more!!

Errin said...

ps - you look beautiful. Not a white, frizzy hair girl.

The Huffs said...

Wow... what would that be like??? That is awesome to got to go together alone. Maybe one day for Bryce and I. Hope you are doing well. I will be heading down to my moms for Christmas Break so maybe we can hang out.