THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 18 January 2012

'Freeze'

You might think my "Title" is referring to the weather, as much as I am so glad that winter has decided to make an appearance (only to get it over with not because I love it), it has nothing to do with that. Today was extrodinary, I managed to get a million things done (without a husband, busy guy) carting around the gang, and still managing to stay incredibly patient. I love those days! Mother's need a gold star for days like that, and guess what? Kids went down beautifully, and Jack is arriving home tonight an entire day earlier than planned, (long sigh here) don't you love those days? Interestingly I did not sleep a wink last night, which usually would result in a bad day, but I woke up or rather stopped staring into oblivion and got out of bed with an amazing amount of energy and determination. For me today was all about wanting to "Freeze my good mood", to "Freeze my awesomeness(duh)", and most of all "Freeze my kids". The first "Freeze" was picking Everett up from school. As I got out of the car and walked down the sidewalk he bolted from his classmates and says "Hi Mom! I like your scarf!". The sweetest ever. The second being that Harry now puts on his seat belt but after only a week of performing this task he is starting to get lazy and not want to. So, I have tried playing games with it like "Don't put on your seat belt! Don't you dare!!" my kids love doing the opposite of what I say so I use this to my advantage. Well today, I finally say "Okay, Harry if you don't put your seat belt on I will have to spank your bum" :) (harsh? I say it lovingly don't worry). He quickly puts it on with a little smile and then says "I want you to spank my bum" and then flashes me the cheekiest grin ever, as he clicked his seat belt in, such a little comic. Not so fun moment today was Jane running at her little leg full speed falling forward and cutting open her bottom lip on a chair leg, poor thing. I kept telling people who would commented on her lip when we were out "wait till her daddy sees it, he will be devastated". Which is true, every night we check on our kids we lay next to them and when we go into Jane's room Jack would stay their all night. Anyway, I am rambling, but I think it's important to embrace these moments and remember these days. I am sad to say these days for me don't come very often. When they do come though, watch out I will conquer...Along with my Three Amigos.


Another flashback photo. Everett and Me when Everett was almost 2

3 comments:

SKIPR said...

Love those days! What a cute momma you are. You're kids are so cute, too. Maybe one day I'll get to meet them:) Sending lovin's your way:)

Anne Peay said...

glad somebody had a wonderful day! j/k, i just had a very bad day yesterday....nothing really bad happened, just how i felt. but, i got over it. i'm pretty sure i'm having a bit of PPD so with time and spring on the way i'll be fine!

motherhood is hard and wonderful!

cassidy said...

Hey cute girl. Good seeing you this weekend. Now you'll have my blog address. :)