THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 23 August 2011

spin, spin, spin

The summer has gone by way too fast for me. I am excited for fall because I am a Halloween lover. But I feel this year is flying by and with it are my children growing up. Somedays I want my kids to grow up and I know they will do just that and then I will miss their little selves. So, slow down, enjoy this time, and enjoy every season is my new mantra.


I have been spinning like a maniac. I love it. I am addicted. I may need future interventions. I go three times a week and wish I could go everyday. I am however realizing that my legs might just get huge (I have crazy muscle legs without trying), but who cares its the feeling of accomplishment right? After one spin class I am ready to conquer the world with my children in each arm plowing through rough streets...Don't mess (are you getting the visual cause it makes me laugh). I have a funny Everett story that has to do with me in my work out clothes (since I am in them all the time, he's had plenty of time to observe):
The other day I was in my tight spandex standing in line at Cafe Rio picking up dinner for the family, I brought Everett along for special one on one, (for the record he is the coolest kid I would take him anywhere). I'm standing there when Everett says "Mom! I think you have another baby in your belly!" Oh geez. This prompted the surrounding people to look at me from all angles (Tight spandex remember?)
I reply with a chuckle "Oh, no there isn't a baby in mom's belly"
Everett says "Well its growing!" I reassured him again that there was no baby. He then says "Maybe you just ate a lot of food then". Right.....We were in line to get food remember? Meaning I had no food in my belly and was looking forward to stuffing my face. After that little conversation I was really looking forward to stuffing my face. Funny guy, love him to pieces. He is the first to tell me I don't look very good, or that I look amazing. I love him. Nothing like a three year old to give it to you straight and they are usually right. More spinning here I come!

Here are a couple cute pictures of my two rascal crazy boys who love, fight, giggle, and fight some more.
Everett the Stud
(He is also called "Rain Man" amazing memory)
Harry Berry
(we also call him shadow, he's always one step behind Everett and repeating what he says)
Nice. No shame here.
Our neighbor is an amazing photographer. He snapped these one afternoon when Jack and I took a little get away. Check out his blog travisjphotography.blog.com.

5 comments:

OUR Coop said...

I have to say that I love in Haary's photos his hair is always dis heveled.it totally goes with his personality and all the cute and not so cute moments that make up his spunk. :)I love you and your family !

Nate said...

I love their pictures. Funny story about your Cafe Rio adventure. You are a great mom:)

-tracy said...

haha...the cafe rio story made me laugh. dawson has done things like that to me...more than once.
you look great, for the record.
and those pictures your neighbor took are so cute. especially the last one of Harry :)
x0

Anne Peay said...

i LOVE spinning too. i just started back at it this week. it's what got me back in shape after meggie...hoping it will for sawyer....i seriously love it. i have been running too and i HATE running.

keep it rockin' girl!

Bobbie said...

Gotta love kids honesty! I love that you are a spinner and a runner... Matt got me a spin bike a couple years ago for Christmas. LOVE IT!! So since you sent me that email I'm so excited to move by you. I've already deemed you my new running buddy and friend since I know NO ONE:). Although I must admit I need some reassurance, I'm scared to death about moving my family to Salt Lake. Lets plan a day we can get together soon.