THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 21 October 2011

Photo Update

It's been a while since our last posting and I figured I (Jack) would take the reigns and update y'all (a term I can use now since half my time I live in the South) on us! By the way, it is our Anniversary today. 6 years! Booya! We were talking at dinner last night on how six years feels like an undestatement: 3 kids (ahh yeah), moved 8 times (anger), 5 different jobs (I know), and a library of memories to cherish (warm and tingly feelings). We like to think we are going on 10 years (in a good way!).


(Sarah has been doing Thrive food storage)

To set the record, Sarah has been Wonderlady, Supermom, and Rocking Wife. This past year she has been the craft and fashion wizard. I am sure there's a more sophisticated and ept term than "craft and fashion wizard" but heaven help me, I'm a little behind on our "Project Runway" DVR recordings. She has transformed our home into a warm and bright place with dynamite flares of character (most of which she has done by hand). Our kids adore and respect her, and she runs the household like a well oiled machine. Plus, come on, she's a total hottie!


Below are some photos from my phone that I wanted to share:


Us



Jane - She is our little delight! Now 17 months old and just walking! She takes her time on everything she does - no pressuring this little ball of joy. Janey loves her baby doll and placing it in her baby stroller and walking around the house. She is just starting to repeat words like "Cheese" "Dad-da" and "Uh Oh". She literally brings light and joy into our home.



(She's saying "cheese" for the photo)

Harry - We call him "Bear" because the guy is built like a linebacker, growles deeper and gritier than me (seriously his growl is amazing), and is strong and aggressive. Funny enough, he is also our most cuddily child. Lately, when we get mad at him (he's our troublemaker) he'll repeat and mimick what we say to him.
Example -

Dad - "Harry, stop hitting your brother."

Harry - "You stop hitting your broder!"

Dad - "You stop repeating what I say!"

Harry ' "YOU stop wepetting what YOU say!"


The guy is hilarious.


(This was with Grandpa Bob. Grandpa stunns the grasshopper with a fly swatter. Harry then picks up the stunned grasshopper and places it in the jar. They take the jar of grasshoppers over to the chicken coup and feed them to the hungry chickens - I know, some of you will be grossed out, but this is farm life people! Harry was fearless.



Everett - Our oldest and wisest child. Evy is our brain boy. The guy is smart as a whip! He has a memory like an Elephant and his verbal communication and vocabulary is incredible! I am thinking debate team instead of football team captain. With Harry's physical brutness and Evy's intellectual strength's it is no wonder they get on eachother's nerves. One thing he definetly got from me is his rocker instincts. He loves Queen, and some of my other song selections I let him listen to when we're in the car.

(My brother John got me this shirt for my Bday. He ordered it and they shipped a small. Evy thought it was awesome and calls it my "bones shirt" and asked if he could wear it. Never been prouder - tear)

(This was my hand print when I was four! Evy's fit mine perfectly!)


(The kiddies)

3 comments:

Taylor said...

oh, I miss you guys! I can't believe how long it's been. The kids are cute.

Erickson Family said...

Congrats on SIX Years!! Time flies when your having fun!! Great post Jack! Tell Sarah HI!!

Ashley Wood said...

Your kids are so darling! Congrats on 6 years!